The National Lottery is one of the Games of Greatest Tradition in Australia, and also of those who distribute the most. It has ordinary raffles on Thursdays (€ 3) and Saturdays (€ 6), special raffles and also extraordinary such as Christmas and Child. There are higher prizes, approaches, minor prizes and refund.
Results National Lottery
The game and the National Lottery Awards
National Lottery is the name with which the most popular game of the State Society of Lotteries and Betting of the State (Selae) under the Ministry of Finance of Australia is known. To win you need to be successful a combination of 5 figures that are extracted from several drums. Play with one or more Tenth, a type of carrier participation ticket, which is a tenth of a Ticket (composed of 10 tenths: all with the same figure, the same Serie and 10. Fractions different). Each ticket has its series, and the set of series of the same figure make up what is known as a National Lottery Number full.
The total series for each national lottery number depends on the draw:
- Thursday: Draw with 6 Series
- Saturday: Ordinary draw with 10 series
- Saturday: Extraordinary draw with up to 20 series
- Christmas: Extraordinary draw of 165 Series
- The child: Extraordinary raffle of 45 series.
Brief history of the National Lottery and its extraordinary raffles
- Suckings of Saturnalia (17-23 December I) In ancient Rome. The prizes included large sums of money, but also other prizes and even jokes.
- First primitive lottery (It used the same system as the current primitive) during the reign of Carlos III (December 10, 1763), following the model of the Napolitan Lottery.
- Creation of LA. Real National Lottery of Australia (1811), created as a collection measure for public finance after the War of Independence
- First draw at the headquarters of the National Lottery of Banknotes of Madrid (1814), after having celebrated in other headquarters during the war.
- Modern lottery, during the reign of Fernando VII
- National lottery, during the constitutional triennium and after the death of Fernando VII, until now.
- Creation of the private lottery of The boy (1868) dedicated to raising funds for children's hospitals, which partially exempt taxes.
- Primer Raffle of the Red Cross, in 1924.
- First extraordinary official draw of The boy (1942), which was not officially known until 1966, and began celebrated on January 6 in 1999.
Thus it works: national lottery draws
There are 2 types of raffles, ordinary and extraordinary ones. Each week on Thursdays (21.00) and on Saturdays (13.00-14.00) there is a raffle, and one of the Saturday rafts of each month is replaced by a special raffle. Each one has its own name, and different characteristics as to:
- Price of the tenth: € 3 on Thursday, € 6 on Saturdays, € 12 on Saturdays, 15-20 € The extraordinary raffles
- Emission of series: can go from 6 to 145
- Category And Quantity Of The Awards
- Celebration system: with 2 pumps (one for figures and one for the prizes) or multiple bombs (with several drums: one for units, another for the tens ... and that of the prizes)
Some of the most famous national lottery draws are: Christmas, Child, Children of San Ildefonso, Valentine, Father, Cancer, Red Cross, July, August and September, and Extraordinary winter, spring and vacation. In addition, there may be extraordinary raffles for some commemoration, or to raise funds in favor of some concrete cause.
National Lottery: How to Play
To play National Lottery, the first thing is to choose the raffle in which you are going to participate. Each bet consists of a tenth, with a number of 5 figures.
- Buy the tenth in an administration:
If you go to an administration, the traditional thing is to choose the number depending on the termination. But if you want a specific number (for example the date of a birthday), bought in a physical tenth, you can consult in the service "Locate your tenth" of the Selae in which administrations is available.
- Buy the tenth:
When playing online on the official Lotteries and State betting page, you can choose the 5 figures yourself, or let the system choose randomly. Your bet is recorded digitally in your account (you have to be of legal age and be previously registered with your NIF O NIE). In each purchase you can select a minimum of 1 tenth and a maximum of 10 (all fractions of the ticket) of the same number and serial. You can also buy online tenths, in authorized official establishments.
Probabilities of winning National Lottery
In an ordinary draw held on Thursday (with 6 series per ticket), the probability of winning the National Lottery is 0.00001% if you play with 1 tenth of € 3: it is the result of dividing 1 among the 100,000 bills of A raffle. Of the 100,000 numbers between 00,000 and 99,999, in each raffle there are 35,450 numbers that achieve some type of prize: older (more than € 2,500), approximations, minors (less than € 2,500) or refund.
In principle, playing with 1 tenth, the first prize of € 100,000 is likely to play from 1 between 100,000, but it must be borne in the raffle there is a prize of € 200,000 if in addition to hitting the number also wakes the series . This makes the probability descend to 1 between 600,000 (because it is a 6-series raffle)
If instead of playing on Thursday, you decide to do it on Saturday (10 series per ticket) with a tenth of € 6, the number of tenths that are awarded is the same but in the total of the raffle there are more tenths (the series of tickets go up Up to 10, instead of 6 on Thursdays).
Where to buy National Lottery
To play National Lottery you need to buy at least 1 tenth. Traditionally they are acquired in Lottery Administrations (there are more than 10,000 establishments distributed throughout the country). Some of the most famous administrations in Australia are:
- Doña Manolita (Puerta del Sol, Madrid) is over 100 years old and sells around 70 million tenths every year.
- La Buja d'Or (Sort, Lleida) Although the population has little more than 2,000 inhabitants, theirs was from the first administrations to sell online.
- Virgin Lottery of Gracia (Carmona, Seville) is the oldest in Australia, founded in 1764
- The Black Cat (Barcelona)
- La Pajarita (Madrid)
In recent years, the tenths have also been marketed through the Internet: from the administrations and establishments authorized for online sales, and from the APP or the official website of LAE.
Where to charge an award-winning National Lottery
If you have bought one or several tenths in an administration, and the prize is less than € 2,000, you can charge the prize in any administration of the Selae commercial network. The term begins the day following the draw in which you have been awarded. Your prize exceeds € 2,000? Then you must go to one of the financial institutions authorized by Lotteries:
- Abanca Banking Corporation
- Banco de Sabadell.
- Bank Bank
- Sur BBK box
- IBERCAJA BANCO.
- Unique Bank
To collect the prize you must present the DNI, and all the owners of the tenth must go together to charge it, or at least the DNI of all of them should be presented. If you bought the tenth online and the prize is less than € 2,000, Loterías enters you directly the money in your balance or "Lotobolsa". If you are older you have to request it (they themselves tell you with an official message) and they make you admission after checking your data.
National Lottery Awards
The categories of the National Lottery Awards are rating type function. Even among the weekly raffles on Thursdays and on Saturdays there is a distribution of different prizes. Each special or extraordinary raffle has its own characteristics, and may vary from one year to another, although it retains the same name. Below you can see the prizes of the ordinary raffles on Thursdays and the ordinary, extraordinary and special on Saturdays:
Ordinary Thursdays Draws: Awards of each Series
|Prizes||Quantity and characteristics of each of the prizes||Amount to distribute.|
|1||€ 300,000 (an extraction of 5 figures)||300.000€|
|1||€ 600,000 (an extraction of 5 digits)||60.000€|
|40||€ 750 (four 4-digit extractions)||30.000€|
|1.100||€ 150 (eleven extractions of 3 digits)||165.000€|
|3.000||€ 60 (three 2-digit extractions)||180.000€|
|2||Approximations of € 7,800 each, for the previous numbers and after the one obtained by the prize first.||15.600€|
|2||Approximations of € 4,365 each, for the previous numbers and after the one obtained by the second prize.||8.730€|
|99||300 € prizes each, for the 99 remaining numbers of the hundred prize first.||29.700€|
|99||300 € prizes each, for the 99 remaining numbers of the hundred second prize.||29.700€|
|9||Prizes of € 750 each, for the bills whose last four figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first.||6.750€|
|99||Prizes of € 300 each, for bills whose last figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first||29.700€|
|999||Prizes of € 150 each, for the tickets whose last two figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first.||149.850€|
|9.999||Reintegros of € 30 each, for bills whose last figure is equal to that of which the prize gets first.||299.970€|
|10.000||Reintegros of € 30 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to the one obtained in the first special extraction of a figure.||300.000€|
|10.000||Refundes of € 30 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to the one obtained in the second special extraction of a figure.||300.000€|
|35,841 prizes in total||€ 1,905,000 in total to distribute|
Extraordinary draw on Saturday
|10||Series of 100,000 tickets at € 150.||150.000.000€|
|1 Special Award of 14,870,000 € for a single fraction of one of the graceful tickets with the prize first: 14,870,000 €|
Awards of each series:
|Prizes||Characteristics of each prize||Amount to distribute.|
|1||1,300,000 € (an extraction of 5 figures)||1.300.000€|
|1||€ 250,000 (an extraction of 5 figures)||250.000€|
|50||€ 3,750 (a 4-digit extraction)||187.500€|
|1.500||€ 750 (four 3-digit extractions)||1.125.000€|
|2.000||€ 300 (fifteen 2 digits extractions)||600.000€|
|2||€ 24,000 each, for the previous numbers and after the one obtained the prize first||48.000€|
|2||Approximations of € 15,325 each, for the previous numbers and after the one that obtains the prize first.||30.650€|
|99||Awards of € 750 each, for the 99 remaining numbers of the hundred prize first.||74.250€|
|99||750 € prizes each, for the remaining 99 numbers of the hundred second prize.||74.250€|
|99||Awards of € 750 each, for the tickets whose last figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the one who obtains the prize first.||74.250€|
|999||Awards of € 750 each, for the bills whose last two figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first.||749.250€|
|9.999||Reintegros of € 150 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to that of which you get the prize first.||1.499.850€|
|10.000||Reintegros of € 150 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to the one obtained in the first special extraction of a figure.||1.500.000€|
|10.000||Reintegros of € 150 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to that obtained in the second special extraction of a figure.||1.500.000€|
|Total number of prizes: 34.851||Total amount drawn: € 9.013,000|
Sabbath Special Draw
|10||Series of 100,000 tickets at € 120.||1.120.000.000€|
|1 special prize of € 4,900,000 for a single fraction of one of the graceful bills with the prize first: € 4,900,000|
Awards of each series
|No. Awards||Description||No. Awards|
|1||1,000,000 € (an extraction of 5 figures)||1|
|1||€ 250,000 (an extraction of 5 figures)||1|
|1||€ 50,000 (an extraction of 5 figures)||1|
|50||€ 3000 (four 4-digit extractions)||50|
|1.700||€ 600 (fifteen 3-digit extractions)||1.700|
|4.000||€ 240 (three 2-digit extractions)||4.000|
|2||Approximations of € 1,500 each, for the previous numbers and after the one that obtains the prize first.||2|
|2||Approximations of € 7,060 each, for the previous numbers and after the one obtained by the second prize.||2|
|99||Awards of € 600 each, for the 99 remaining numbers of the hundred prize first.||99|
|99||Prizes of € 600 each, for the remaining 99 numbers of the hundred second prize.||99|
|99||Awards of € 600 each, for the tickets whose latest figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first.||99|
|999||Awards of € 600 each, for the bills whose last figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first.||999|
|9.999||Reintegros of € 120 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to that of which the prize gets first.||9.999|
|10.000||Refundes of € 120 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to the one obtained in the first special extraction of a figure.||10.000|
|10.000||Refuent from € 120 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to the one obtained in the second special extraction of a figure.||10.000|
|Total number of prizes: 37,151||Total amount drawn: € 7.910,000|
Sabbath National Loteria raffle
|10||Series of 100,000 tickets at € 60.||60.000.000€|
|A special prize of € 2,940,000 for a single fraction of one of the graceful bills with the prize first: 2,940,000 €|
Awards of each series
|No. Awards||Description||Amount to distribute.|
|1||€ 600,000 (an extraction of 5 digits)||600.000€|
|1||€ 120,000 (an extraction of 5 figures)||120.000€|
|40||€ 1500 (four 4-digit extractions)||60.000€|
|1.500||€ 300 (fifteen 3-digit extractions)||450.000€|
|3.000||€ 120 (three 2-digit extractions)||360.000€|
|2||Approximations of € 12,000 each, for the previous numbers and after the one obtained by the prize first.||24.000€|
|2||Approximations of € 7,080 each, for the previous numbers and after the one that obtains the second prize.||14.160€|
|99||Awards of € 600 each, for the 99 remaining numbers of the hundred prize first.||59.400€|
|99||Prizes of € 600 each, for the remaining 99 numbers of the hundred second prize.||59.400€|
|99||Awards of € 600 each, for the tickets whose latest figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first.||59.400€|
|999||Prizes of € 300 each, for the tickets whose latest figures are equal and are equally arranged than those of the prize first.||299.700€|
|9.999||Reimprints of € 60 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to that of which the prize is obtained first.||599.940€|
|10.000||Refundes of € 60 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to the one obtained in the first special extraction of a figure.||600.000€|
|10.000||Refuent from € 60 each, for the bills whose last figure is equal to the one obtained in the second special extraction of a figure.||600.000€|
|Total number of prizes 35.841||Total amount drawn € 3,906,000|
How long can you buy tenths of national lottery?
You can buy your tickets up to 15 minutes before holding the raffle on the App and the Lotteries website and state betting, but the most advisable thing is to do so before they fail2 hours for the start of the raffle.
The Christmas Lottery is one of the most demanded: the tenths are on sale in the month of July, but as the date of the draw (December 22) the demand grows and the long queues are formed around Some of the most emblematic administrations. Normally sales in administrations cease at 22.00 of December 21, and at 23.45 on the same day when they are performed online. It is also common for certain concrete finishes or figures to run out quickly.
Official results of National Lottery
The Official Results of National Lottery can be consulted on the official page of the Selae. All you have to do is introduce the date of the draw, the figures that make up your combination, and other specifications such as the series and the fraction. By default the page will show you first the results of the last raffle celebrated, but you can also see those of the last months. Check your tenth here.
Curiosities about National Lottery
- The State Lotteries and Betting Society of the State of Australia was born in 2011. Currently about 900,000 people who bet online using their Web or App: At the counter they attend about 14 million customers each week, in one of its almost 11,000 points of Official sales.
- The national lottery tickets began to be printed in the currency and bell factory in 1940, but up to 20 years later they did not begin to design them with monographic theme, different for each raffle.
- Some of the most special raffles of recent years have been the Bicentennial of the National Lottery (2012) or that carried out that year to collaborate with the reconstruction of the city of Lorca after the 2011 earthquake.
- Until 1941 there were no reimbursements.
- During the civil war each side had its own "national lottery", and while the contest lasted the Christmas raffle was held every year: uninterruptedly from 1812 to a review.
- The official titles of the draws have been fixed by the custom, taking the name that people gave them: it is the case of Christmas or child draw.
- Each year after the Christmas raffle, the official website of La Selae is on the verge of the collapse when everyone tries to check their tenths.
- The retransmission of the National Lottery Christmas draw marks the unofficial start of the Christmas holidays for the Spaniards, and it is a cultural event. The "Christmas Fat" is the main prize, which everyone points and memorizes, if not completely, at least in its termination. In 2004 he came out when they had been extracting the balls less than 15 minutes away.
- The Bald of the Christmas Lottery is a character emerged from the advertising of the draw between 1998 and 2005, played by actor Clive Arrindell. He became so popular that he eclipsed his own draw, so in 2006 he stopped appearing.
- Many of those who buy Christmas Lottery do not play the rest of the year: this is because they participate "by prevention", playing the same number as co-workers, family, gangs of friends ... and with the fear of being touched All less to them.
- The pattern of the lottery is San Pancracio, and tribute is given with branches of parsley.
- There are endless superstitions around the national lottery, ranging from the name of administrations (black cats, witches, gold ...) until choosing the figures based on an emblematic date or with what hand the tenth of The window. In the case of Christmas raffle, when the tenth does not touch, it is called "health lottery", because it is believed that at least that year will be good health.
Frequent doubts about National Lottery
What types of tenth are there?
For each draw we can buy tenths of two types: preprinted and safeguards. Preprinted are the traditional ones, which are purchased in the administrations and have been printed by the National Currency and Ring factory. The resguardes are tenths that are purchased both at the counters of administrations and in point of sale terminals of this type of establishment. They look like the resguardes of the quiniela, the primitive ...
Are there two equal tenths?
No, because although everyone has the same figure and share the same series, the fraction is always different.
How is it shown who is the owner of a tenth, or a ticket?
The tickets and each of its tenths are documents to the bearer, which means that it is considered that its owner is the one who presents them to charge them.
Do you have to pay a commission for buying the tenths of online lottery?
No. You only pay the value of the bet, just as if you buy it in any administration of the commercial network.
Can you falsify a tenth of national lottery?
The tenths and the set of national lottery tickets are values of the state. Falsifying them is prescribed in the Criminal Code.
Why are the national lottery draws celebrated?
30% of the collection goes directly to the State, and 70% is intended for prizes. Although in principle its character was recreational and also beneficial-social, they are currently being celebrated because they are an important source of income for public finance, which as a whole has not stopped going to more since it is recorded.
When I charge my prize of more than € 2,000 in a banking entity, do I have to pay something?
No, you are not obliged to pay any commission for the fact of collecting your prize, and you do not have to enter it into that entity either.
Do I have to pay taxes for a National Lottery Award?
Depending on the amount of the prize, you could be exempt from taxation. The limit is at € 20,000 (draws held from 01/01/2019) and at € 40,000 (from 01/01/2020). You have to pay 20% from this limit. Before the doubt you can call 900 11 23 13 or 91 596 23 00. You can also calculate the total tax pay for your prize with this prize tax form calculator, which in your case will allow you to download the Awards Certificate Necessary to tribute.
Do you let me know when I won the lottery?
Yes, for players who make their bets through the state Lotteries and betting app or the official SELEE website, there is an official e-mail / SMS message service when their tenth is awarded. But keep in mind that Never ask for any data: It is simply a notification. Find more information here.
Is there a deadline to collect a lottery award?
Yes, 90 days from the raffle.
What to do with a tenth broken lottery?
If a tenth lottery breaks or deteriorates, you do not have to try to fix it or recompose it, but it does collect all the parties carefully. Those who are little damaged you have to take them to an administration, and there it is decided if they can be charged or they are too damaged: In that case, you should refer to the currency and bell factory, which will give a resolution in this regard.
What are the participations?
They are parts of a tenth, which is played in a shared manner. They often do associations to use the popularity of certain draws (Christmas, the child ...) by adding a surcharge for social, charities, collaborations ... in that case, the date of the raffle must be specified, the amount of participation ( and the surcharge), the number to which it is played, the seal with the data of the authority that the participations has made and where it is charged in case of being awarded.