The winters in Scandinavia are the toughest we can find on the European continent. The Vikings knew how to build a civilization that navigated the seas to reach Italy, carrying its populations and ways of working throughout Europe. Barcrest, one of the most prolific creators of online slot machines, presents us Viking's Ransom. An adventure that will take us through the northern seas frozen.
Join us in the honest review of the online slot Viking's Ransom of Barcrest
Viking's Ransom, a Viking adventure for the icy seas of northern Europe
At first glance Viking's Ransom is a slot that promises to be in the Epic Gameline we have reviewed from these pages. Music is climbing, very interesting graphics ... but little more. As we have advanced in the game we have found that it lacks development, at least in the graphic part. The background, which represents an icy sea, has no animation or has nothing to stand out or contribute dynamism to the game. The same happens with figures or other animations, which are quite slow. We have also checked that the game consumes many resources of our computer, something strange since other slots with more and better animations have not come to consume so many resources.
As for the game dynamics, we are facing a classic online slot of 40 prize lines on a five-roller screen on three rows. The figures are a total of 10, leaving aside the bonus figures that we will see later. We have them divided into three groups:
- Real figures: those of smaller prizes, ranging from 4 times the bet for three figures in a line, up to 40 times the bet on 6 figures in a line.
- Thematic figures: They are a total of four and their prizes range from 8 times the bet for three figures in a prize line, up to 120 the bet on 6 figures in a prize line.
- Viking characters: They are two and may appear as a simple figure or like a colossal figure in the free set game. The prizes range from 40 times the bet until 200 times the bet.
The bets on this online slot machine go from the 0.10 credits to the 40 lines, up to 500 credits by Shot to ALS 40 lines. On the other hand, Viking's Ransom has a relatively high volatility, since its RTP goes from 94% to 96%, depending on the bet.
The normal game does not have much more mystery and we must enter the bonuses to find something of emotion. On the one hand, we find wildcard WILD, which replaces all prize figures except free shooting figures. Rollers 1 and 2, 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 may be linked, consequently, colossal Wilds may appear. During the free shooting game, special wilds may appear at any time.
With the Free Speed Symbol (Free Spins) we can achieve:
- 8 Free Shots with 3 Free Spin Symbols
- 12 Free Shots with 4 Free Spin Symbols
- 15 Free Shots with 5 Free Spin Symbols
- 20 Free Shots with 6 Free Spin Symbols
Viking's Ransom, our verdict
The game is presented as an epic machine and at first that was what we found. But according to Avanza, Viking's Ransom is being shipwraging in the monotony that only breaks free shoots figures. The game of free runs, far from being an excitement incentive, is a repetition with small amendments of the main game. Undoubtedly, Viking's Ransom has been disappointed by his repetition the little he brings us in a